Nanosafety Training School: From Basic Science To Risk Governance
Interprofessional Education Training School & Young Scientist Forum 2020
About the School
This year the Venice Nano Training School celebrates its 10th anniversary. The event will take place in San Servolo (Venice, Italy) on 22th – 27th March 2020.
The school will feature keynote speeches, hands-on sessions and a dedicated Young Scientist Forum Day (23th March) during which early career researchers (PhD students, PhD candidates and Post-Docs) will have the opportunity to present their work. Abstract submissions will open on 10 Dec.
The School week will include a variety of hands-on sessions aimed to transfer state-of-the-art knowledge on a variety of topics from key experts to the new generation of nano-environmental, health and safety, and biomedicine professionals, using interprofessional education.
Variety of networking activities (a special 10th anniversary welcome cocktail, social event and a social dinner) will enable plenty of time and opportunities for you to widen your network and foster academic exchange.
Become part of an interactive, exciting week and enrich your knowledge by developing multidisciplinary expertise!
CLICK HERE to view the training school flyer.
Who should attend?
- Early-stage researchers
- PhD students and Post-Docs
- Senior researchers
- Governmental Agencies
- Medical Personnel
- Anyone interested in Safe Nanotechnology, Risk Assessment and Nano-Medicine
- Hazard to Human Health & Environment
- Fate & Exposure Assessment
- Nanomedicine: from the lab to the market
- Grouping & Read Across Approaches
- Risk Governance
Draft School Agenda
A draft version of the school agenda is available HERE.
More Information about the Young Scientist Forum Day
On 23 March (Young Scientist Forum Day) early career researchers will have the opportunity to present their work in the form of oral and poster presentations. You can choose between the following themes:
- State of the art approaches and challenges towards nanomaterial characterisation
- Strategies towards testing ENM toxicology (human and environmental)
- Modelling approaches towards ENM toxicology
- Risk assessment and legal regulation of ENM
- Approaches towards defining human and environmental exposure to ENM
The training school will take place in San Servolo (Venice, Italy).
The School will start at 15.30 CET on 22 March will end on 27 March the School will end at 13.30 CET.
Registration and Abstract Submissions
The event is free of charge.
Please submit your abstract and register for the school HERE.
- Attendance of the school is possible without abstract submissions.
- Early carrier researchers are considered PhD students, PhDs and Post-Docs within 10 years after completing their PhD studies.
- Successful authors of oral and poster presentations will be notified by 30 Jan.
- The maximum number of attendees is limited to 80. Authors selected for oral or poster presentations will have a reserved place. Regular registrations will be on-a-first-come-first served basis.
Registration and abstract submission opens on 10th Dec 2019
Abstract submission closes on 10th January 2020
Notification of accepted abstracts: 30th January 2020
Deadline for registrations: 20th February 2020
Each participant will be given a Certificate of attendance upon request
Danail Hristozov, GreenDecision (Italy) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stella Stoycheva, Yordas Group (UK) | email@example.com
Susanne Resch, BioNanoNet (Austria) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Logistics, local support and administration:
Chiara Mignani, GreenDecision (Italy) | email@example.com
GreenDecision (Venice, IT)
Institute of Occupational Medicine (Edinburgh, UK)
Yordas Group (Forchheim, DE)
Warrant Hub S.p.A (Casalecchio di Reno, IT)
BioNanoNet Forschungsgesellschaft mbh (Graz, AT)
NC3RS (London, UK)
Aaruhs University (Aarhus, DK)
RIVM (Utrecht, NL)
NILU (Kjeller, NO)
These projects have received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 760928 (BIORIMA), No 814401 (Gov4Nano), No 760840 (GRACIOUS), No 814426 (NanoInformaTIX), No 814530 (NANORIGO), No 760813 (PATROLS), and No 814425 (RiskGONE).